Chapter 5 Reviewing Facts
1. The Iliad and the Odyssey were epics poems written by Homer
2. The mountains of Greece divided the peninsula into isolated valleys where each city-state was, it also provided fertile
farmland in the valleys.
3. The Spartan males were born to fight in war, and the women must be stay healthy to produce healthy children.
4. Athens was a democracy because the citizens were the government and they were allowed to vote.
5. During the Persian War the Greeks city-states formed an alliance to fight against the Persian Empire and won.
6. The Peloponnesian War was a large toll on the Athens because it was a 27 year war and it put a strain on the economy.
7. The Socratic Method is a method of questioning of ideas about truth, justice, and life itself by philosophers.
8. Alexander destroyed and conquered much of the Persian Empire, the Greek Empire stretched from Egypt to India.
9. Greek, Egyptians, Persians, and Hebrews cultures were blended to from the Hellenistic civilization.